“April showers bring May flowers.” Let’s hope that this old adage comes true in more ways than one!
Our weather here in the beautiful Southern Georgian Bay area has been a mix of leftover winter snow, cool spring rain and early early summer sunshine throughout April and we are hoping that May brings more warmth. The flowers and trees are budding, the birds are singing and baby bunnies are everywhere!
The recent COVID-19 lockdown has put a damper on some activities, but this community is resilient and is amazing at supporting the local businesses and those in need. To that end, we will profile a new or local business and charitable organization in our newsletter over the next few months.
Our real estate market continues to be brisk, and you can see the stats from April below. More and more people are deciding to make their homes in this beautiful area.
If you are thinking of making a new beginning with a a property purchase in the Southern Georgian Bay area, you will benefit from working with one of our amazing REALTORS®. Give us a call at 705.445.7085 to connect today!
The real estate market in Southern Georgian Bay continues to roll at a blistering pace – here is our Market Snapshot for April 2021. To see the detailed Market Statistics for the Southern Georgian Bay Real Estate Market, click here.
What Does That Mean?
Each month we will focus on a real estate term to help clarify its meaning.
This month we are focusing on “Status Certificate”.
A status certificate is an important document for purchasers of resale condos containing information about a specific completed condo unit and the condo corporation to which it belongs. Any person can request a status certificate for a unit from a condo corporation. A condo corporation can charge up to $100 (including all applicable taxes) for the status certificate. The condo corporation must provide the status certificate within 10 days of receipt of the request and payment for it.
Status certificates are particularly important for prospective buyers of resale units because they contain important information, such as:
• A copy of the condo corporation’s current declaration, by-laws, and rules.
• A copy of the budget for the current fiscal year, the last annual audited financial statements and the auditor’s report.
• A statement of the most recent reserve fund study.
• A statement of the common expenses for the unit and whether the unit is in arrears of payment.
• If the common expenses for the unit have increased since the current year’s budget was prepared, a statement of the increase and the reason.
• If an assessment has been charged against the unit since the current year’s budget was prepared, a statement of the assessment and the reason.
• The address for service for the condo corporation (e.g., the address where the condo corporation receives mail).
• The names and addresses for service for the directors and officers of the condo corporation.
• A certificate of insurance for each of the current insurance policies.
• Information about certain legal issues that may affect the condo corporation (e.g., whether there are outstanding legal judgments against the condo corporation, or if the condo corporation is involved in any ongoing litigation).
(from: Ontario’s Residential Condominium Buyers’ Guide)
You can find more information about purchasing a condominium on our website here.
Sometimes you just have to share your favourites….we want to tell you about the most amazing fresh pasta and sauce that we have found at Pastificio Double Zero Inc. in Toronto. Chef Nick Manzone has created a variety of fresh pastas and in-house sauces that will delight your taste buds! And if you’re not in Toronto, they can be shipped to you! Shop online at www.pastificiodz.com.
My Friend’s House is a non-profit agency offering support for abused women and children living in the Georgian Triangle of Ontario. Since opening in 1991, My Friend’s House has helped thousands of women get the safety and support they need to rebuild their lives. With May’s focus on honouring Mothers, why not consider supporting this worthy organization. For more info on their programs and how to donate, go to myfriendshouse.ca.
Read our Latest Blog
4 Reasons to Shop Local & Love It
The pandemic has certainly changed the way that we shop. While we used to think nothing of heading out to shop at a big box stores or the local mall, many of us are doing more of our shopping online. While our instinct may be to check the websites of the big online retailers, there are lots of perks to shopping the small, locally-owned businesses, beyond just helping out ‘the little guy’!
Real Estate News
- CBC News: Buyers fed up with blind bidding, other shenanigans in red-hot real estate market – May 1, 2021
- The Globe and Mail: Canada’s housing market is hurting your brain, but you don’t have to lose your head over it – May 1, 2021
- Canadian Real Estate Wealth Magazine: Federal government’s budget misses mark on housing – April 20, 2021
Together we make up a group of enthusiastic professionals eager to show you the possibilities of the Southern Georgian Bay real estate market. We use the most current tools and technology so we can meet your needs, whether they be investments or a dream home. With years of experience in real estate and the Georgian Bay area, we value our clients because we care about this area and the people who live in it. Click here to connect. We look forward to meeting you.
We love where we live and work and we know that you will love it too! Click here to check out the Community Profiles of the Southern Georgian Bay communities that we think are great places to live.
Click on the calendar to go to our listing of upcoming Open Houses.
Follow us on Social Media!
If you would like to receive the Clairwood Connection Newsletter in your inbox each month, fill out the form here.